Butler Assistive Technology Room
Room G101.11 Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center
The Butler Assistive Technologies Room is a collaborative effort between Van Pelt Library and the Weingarten Learning Resources Center (VPUL).
- Use audiobooks? Why not have your Canvas readings read to you?
- Have writer's block? Try dictating your thoughts out loud!
- Need a break? Mark's Cafe is conveniently located just around the corner.
- Too much distraction? Enjoy a quiet private space to enhance focus.
- Text-to-Speech: Have your documents read aloud to you with Read&Write or ZoomText.
- Speech-to-Text: Dictate and transcribe your writing to both iMac and PC computers using Dragon software.
- Convert and edit your documents without retyping using OCR software using Adobe and AbbyyFineReader software.
More spaces for
After the room manager has confirmed your reservation, you'll be given the code for the combination lock. We'll also consider special requests for recurrent bookings.
Sufficient doorway & hallway clearance.
Clearance to approach table.
Table has accessible surface height, knee clearance, and leg clearance.
Chairs have adjustable height.
Tables have adjustable height.
Natural and/or non-fluorescent lighting.
The women's and men's bathrooms have one accessible bathroom stall each. The bathrooms are located off the Undergraduate Study Center and next to Mark's Café
See ground floor plan.