Established in 1985, this fund supports the Otto E. Albrecht Music Library, named in 1970 in honor of the first curator of the Music Library.
Dr. Albrecht was Professor of Romance Languages and beloved emeritus Professor of Music. He was a passionate music bibliographer perhaps best known for his Census of Autograph Music Manuscripts of European Composers in American Libraries, 1953. An earlier article for The Music Quarterly, "Adventures and Discoveries of a Manuscript Hunter", the Census, and other writings by this leading musicologist, can be found on the shelves of "his" Library.
The fund in his memory continues to provide resources to strengthen this excellent Library.
For more information on gifts supporting information resources and other areas and the Penn Libraries, please contact us at