- 3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19104-6206
The Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center (USC) is the only library facility open 24 hours Monday through Thursday (fall and spring semesters only) to all Penn students, faculty, and staff.
Check the USC hours page for starting and ending days for overnight hours, which generally begin two weeks into the semester.
Use the main entrance to the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center.
- Penn students, faculty, and staff must show a valid PennCard.
- Visitors are required to provide a valid photo ID.
Before 10pm: Access is not restricted.
After 10pm: Access is restricted to patrons with PennCards, Library Courtesy Cards, and Drexel IDs.
After 11pm: The use of the Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center is restricted to Penn faculty, staff and students. Please note: Holders of Penn Alumni Cards do not have overnight access to the Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center.
Enter through the ground floor entrance directly into the Goldstein USC.
Access is restricted. Patrons must show either:
- a valid PennCard or Penn Alumni Card
- a Library Courtesy Card
- Valid photo ID from Drexel, Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Swarthmore, or a Research Libraries Group Shares Member ID.
The accessible entrance of Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center opens into the Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center. This entrance is on the ground floor of the building facing Blanche P. Levy Park. A wheelchair accessible doorbell is located on the railing leading toward the door.